   Re: [xml-dev] Mask e-mail addresses in xml-dev archives ?

Hi Ken,

    Definitively I vote for masking the e-mails in the xml-dev archives. Just yesterday I received this e-mail:

Business

  These are all 100% opt-in email addresses, meaning that the subscribers have requested to receive info on subjects they are interested in.
All emails are verified and fresh.

World Email Lists

Country or area total emails

America      175 Million Email Address
Europe       156 Million Email Address
Asia         168 Million Email Address
England      22 Million Email Address
German       40 Million Email Address
France       38 Million Email Address
other Country or Area   ....more

    Please read the description of this "business opportunity". This e-mail proves your point of view.
    Perhaps someone could explain if there is any use in having our e-mail addresses open to the public (including spammers).

Regards,
Razvan

Ken North wrote:
Today I received yet another virus-infested e-mail that was purportedly from
someone on the xml-dev list.
This happens so frequently it's obvious someone has harvested the list as
targets for e-mails containing malware.

What's the consensus about masking e-mail addresses in the xml-dev list archives
at
http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/ ?

www.WebServicesSummit.com
www.SQLSummit.com