   Re: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

Rich,

What you have written is an excellent description of the mismatch between the
http protocol (developed for page information) and the requirements of business
messaging.

The two are significantly different and patching http to do the job doesn't
always give the best results. It's kindof like taking a ford focus, dropping a
v8 in it, adding a body lift kit and 4wd and expecting it to do a fantastic job
off-road. It's just never going to happen...

The only real options are to use a proprietory solution (ie Biztalk, MQ,
Sterling etc) or go back to good old EDI.

What do you think of ebxml? isn't that supposed to do what you are talking
about?