   Re: [xml-dev] Problem parsing XML file with Xerces-J

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Problem parsing XML file with Xerces-J
  • From: Midsummer Sun <midsummer.sun@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:50:12 +0530
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

I am obliged by your help.

So I have done this change to my Java class (which extends
DefaultHandler) i.e. added this method definition..

public InputSource resolveEntity(java.lang.String publicId,
                                   java.lang.String systemId)
                     throws java.io.IOException, SAXException
 {

    return new InputSource();
 }

I guess that "return new InputSource()" method call will return an
InputSource pointing to an empty DTD(you suggested this workaround).
Please correct me if I am wrong.

But the program is giving error:

XYZ.java:125: resolveEntity(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in XYZ
cannot override resolveEntity(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in
org.xml.
sax.helpers.DefaultHandler; overridden method does not throw java.io.IOException

  public InputSource resolveEntity(java.lang.String publicId,
                     ^
1 error

Now this seems to be a Java exception handling problem.. I am good at
Java but not too good!

Please tell the remedy.

Best regards,