   RE: [xml-dev] all group composition

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] all group composition
  • From: "Hiebert, Steve" <steve.hiebert@hp.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:54:25 -0800

Piffle.

The UI for data entry can very easily put the additions in the proper
order.  From that point on, the XML is easily searchable and processable
by humans and machines.  In the typical case, a document is written once
and read many times.

And I agree with the earlier poster who mentioned that if random order
is allowed, people will intuit patterns that don't exist.

I realize that I'm taking my life in my hands by disagreeing with Dr.
Kay but as Tommy told us years ago, "When order doesn't matter, it
matters."

Steve

Michael Kay wrote:

>>My own recent experience of creating documents whose schema imposed an
order
>>that I found unnatural and impossible to remember was a very negative
one.