   Re: [xml-dev] XLINK support in browsers

Razvan MIHAIU wrote:
>> You need to define style so Mozilla knows how to render it. At
>> least, that is how it works now. It might be worth submitting a bug
>> report about styling documents using attributes from the XLink
>> namespace by default.
>
> You are speaking about an XSLT stylesheet ?

No, I was more thinking of CSS. Since XSLT is just for transformation
that wouldn't work. (Although you could perhaps transform it into XHTML
to make it suited for display, as XHTML elements have some default CSS
applied to them, but that would be impossible as you don't know, as a
browser, what kind of XML input you can expect.) And XSL-FO is not
supported (and will not) so that leaves us with CSS for styling how the
document should look like.

>> I guess the renderer assumes that I want some sort of style.
>
> Are we speaking about the same thing ? I am referring to XSLT style
> sheets. When you say "style" you could very well mean CSS. Perhaps
> there is some default CSS applied ! Hmm...

Not by default. <?xml-stylesheet?> probably removes the "display
formatted source" thing XML files have by default in Mozilla.

> I never said "website priority list"; not even close.

I was confused by your statement that any site you didn't know can't be
on their priority list. For me that implied that their priority list
consists of sites you visit and no other. Please tell me where I missed
the boat.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>