   more reasons why xml accounting systems make sense.....

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 8:49 am, Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> Is there some legal requirement to keep a full fidelity copy of the
> document? If not, I can't see why you don't just generate the XML as needed
> from the database when export is needed. Most major database products have
> had SQL<->XML mapping functionality for years.

Oh sorry... only answered half the question....

> Is there some legal requirement to keep a full fidelity copy of the
> document?

Always.

Reasons include:

 - you need to keep working with that xml invoice/po/* because
   the goods will get delivered, the bill will get paid... the customer
   will query the account... can't just through them away...

 - the law (even in crocodile infested countries like australia) says
   that every business needs to keep true and accurate records.

 - you want to be able to do a reconciliation of accounts at the
   end of the month/year.

 - keeping invoices/po's etc in xml is more space efficient than
   a system based on up to 2200+ tables that can be found in a
   traditional (high-end) accounting system. Only 6 tables are
   required for a simple xml accounting system.

Regards

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.