   Re: [xml-dev] archiving with xml

On Apr 3, 2005 7:10 PM, david.lyon@computergrid.net
<david.lyon@computergrid.net> wrote:
> Quoting Rick Marshall <rjm@zenucom.com>:
>
> > if we archive with xml, what is the legal status of the "document"? eg
> > say i archive a document as xml, (an invoice for example) and later
> > change the rendering algorithm.

<snip/>

> This is one area where the wonder of xml should really shine. In that it is
> possible to create systems where a transaction trail can be created in a
> database and retained for a long period of time. Our xml trading/accounting
> system certainly does this. Others probably do also.

Yes: the medical industry get's this in spades also....

We actually retain a pointer to the versions of the rendering
templates that where used at the time each revision was made to any
individual record so that we can (in theory) reconstruct the data
display and formatting exactly as they appeared at the time each
change was done...

--
Peter Hunsberger