   Address Book vocabulary...

Can anyone direct me to an xml vocabulary that is designed to encode address book-style, or human-directory information? I'm thinking of designing an address book client app that will need to communicate with several yet-to-be-determined external datasources. I figure if i make the client communicate in a standard xml human-resource directory format using soap or xml-rpc, i can just hide each datasource behind a servlet that will communicate with the client.

I'd like to use a standard vocab for the human directory information if possible rather than my own. I know enough to realize that designing an xml application for even something as simple-sounding as address book info is best left to the experts. Plus maybe we can gain some interoperability with other tools in the bargain.

Looking for a vocab that will include the usual info... name, multiple addresses, phones, emails, etc...

THANKS!

__
Todd Ditchendorf, Web Developer
Email: