   Re: [xml-dev] Problem parsing XML file with Xerces-J

On Apr 5, 2005 5:36 AM, David Lyon <david.lyon@computergrid.net> wrote:
> > I need to enhance the performance..
>
> So is it just faster parsers you need?

Can the new StAX streaming parser provide a performance boost to my
application! In this case, my application will pull events from the
XML (in a serial fashion). This will give me same performance as SAX.
I cannot use SAX, because there is no way to push events to my
application. DOM is surely slow ! I think StAX is still an emerging
technology, and the drivers are not as robust as today's SAX parsers.

> or do you want to split them up and have them processed on a cluster/grid?

My application runs on a stand alone system.. Our architecture is not
cluster/grid aware!

> and would like suggestions for some strategies?
>
> of course, all of the above is definitely possible....

Any suggestions please?

best regards,