   Re: [xml-dev] Problem parsing XML file with Xerces-J

another optimization strategy(which will further optimize my program,
in addition to suggestions Pete gave) strikes me..

My program(the most current version) has this high level structure -

  for(;;)
  {
       //1. Get XML from remote host

       //2. Parse it completely and create a bulkier XML response message

       //3. Send response to users : SenderHelper.send(xml_string);

       //4. Set pooling interval of 5 seconds
       Thread.sleep(5*1000);
  }

Thats it basically..

I have a helper class SenderHelper which has a public static method
send(String xml)

SenderHelper.Send() does:
HTTPConnection con = new HTTPConnection("host"); //open HTTP
connection to remote host
HTTPResponse resp = con.Post("/service-url", form_data); //post to URL

If I make this statement "public static field" of class SenderHelper,
HTTPConnection con = new HTTPConnection("host")

Then it would not be created again-and-again for each invocation of
SenderHelper.Send() and a significant optimization will happen ..

BUT I have a doubt here..
If I make this statement "public static field"
HTTPConnection con = new HTTPConnection("host")

Would the HTTPConnection have some timeout? i.e. would it close after
some "inactive interval" ? If yes, can I make it infinitely
persistent..?

Any thoughts please?

Best regards,