   Re: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

Sorry if conflating HTTP and HTTP/REST bothered you.  I guess I don't
understand the differences all that well.

I thought I understood, and answered your question.

	Q. HTTP is extensible, why can't you build what you need?
	A. Because I need shared state, and because every
	   client operation ends up being a POST.  The first
	   seems impossible, and the second means the framework
	   benefits are nil.

Or am I still missing the point?

(I hate it when the limitation of the medium mean that two ostensibly
reasonable people end up getting all ticked off at each other.
Perhaps we should talk on the phone?)

	/r$