   Re: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

Quoting Joe Gregorio <joe.gregorio@gmail.com>:

> Hrmm, "HTTP/REST community". And here I was thinking we
> were discussing HTTP, not REST vs SOAP, as I had
> stated at the start of this thread. I had some questions,
> which you seem incapable of answering regardless of how
> I word them. Simply stating "I don't know" would have wasted less
> of your time and mine.

What are you trying to do exactly Joe?

It sounds like you are trying to do something similar to
modifying a 1932T model into a Chrysler Voyager. It's
a hard slog..

Sometimes there comes a point where the customisations
are unfeasable and it's time to get something new.

For example, have you considered using jabber? which is
an XML asynchronous protocol that works quite well.

You can send all sorts of state information using that
and I'd be surprised if it couldn't do the job.

Regards

David