   Re: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

On Apr 14, 2005, at 12:30 AM, david.lyon@computergrid.net wrote:
>> Hrmm, "HTTP/REST community". And here I was thinking we
>> were discussing HTTP, not REST vs SOAP, as I had
>> stated at the start of this thread. I had some questions,
>> which you seem incapable of answering regardless of how
>> I word them. Simply stating "I don't know" would have wasted less
>> of your time and mine.
>
> What are you trying to do exactly Joe?
>
> It sounds like you are trying to do something similar to
> modifying a 1932T model into a Chrysler Voyager. It's
> a hard slog..

HTTP is not a 1932T model - it's more like a wheel. You have to take
this on faith at first or have the luxury of a certain Paul Prescod
flaming you in public for saying something stupid like, "GET is just a
browser hack for bookmarking a form POST" [1]) but eventually you
listen and then you dig in and then you say, "Oh! This protocol is
amazing!"

Ryan

[1]: <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2002Jan/0135.html>