   Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] XML Enhancements for Java 1.0

Hi,

On mer, 2005-04-13 at 13:29 -0400, Mukund Raghavachari wrote:

> We have released a prototype compiler and runtime system on Alphaworks (
> http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/xj). XJ is an evolving language, and we
> are extremely interested in feedback on the utility of its features. We
> are interested in what people think about "tight" integration of XML into
> Java. Our opinion is that it makes XML processing applications more
> efficient and robust.

That sounds very cool!

To me, that's closest to things such as E4X for EcmaScript or C-Omega
for C# than to binding frameworks.

Am I right? Can you elaborate on the differences and similarities with
these other projects (other than, of course that Xj is for Java!)?

Are you aware of other similar projects for Java or other languages?

Thanks,

Eric

--
Weblog: