   Anti-Evil

While perusing XML.COM this morning, I saw
the reference to Danny O'Brien's hilarious
page on evil.   I wonder: why isn't there
an anti-Evil page?

Maybe like the press, we don't enjoy tales
of anti-evil as much.  We like the underdog
and for those to exist, we need uberDogs
who thrive on crushing the breath out of
decency by stacking rocks like lawsuits and
patents on the chests of the underdog do-gooders.

But ya know, from time to time, someone of
real power and authority, an anti-evil uberDog,
steps up to the task of taking down the evil
uberDog of the moment, and we should read about
that occasionally.  What was it Dumbledore
said to Longbottom: "It takes courage to stand
up to your enemies, but even more courage to
stand up to your friends." and so scored
the winning points for Gryffindor (i don't
have time to check the quote or spelling
but you get the point).

So how about it, Tim O'Reilly?  Someone
should be writing the anti-evil page.  It
will be interesting to see if we are as
good at spotting anti-evil as we are at
evil.

len