Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Yet another survey: results and sample size (was: XQuery Adoption Survey Results)
- From: "Ken North" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:55:47 -0700
- References: <4249839F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <424A3095.email@example.com> <424AC00C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> Tony Lavinio wrote:
> > > 3. Of the 550 people who submitted complete surveys, 477
> > > indicated that they currently use or plan to use XQuery this
> > > year.
David Lyon wrote:
> That's .6 of 1%
> A very, very low figure indeed.......
Here are the numbers for the MiddlewareResearch J2EE Application Server Survey
2004. The survey went to 140,000 J2EE users on an opt-in mailing list. There
were 1148 surveys completed (.82 %).
a.. 4.6 The Sample
A total of 1148 surveys were categorized as having complete results. Complete
results were accepted when 90% of the survey was filled out. The average number
of responses was 1116.5 per question. The median and mode were both 1120. The
minimum number of responses given was 1080 which was for question 23, a question
about service-oriented architectures.
This survey has a confidence interval of ±3%, at a confidence level of 95%
======== Ken North ===========