   RE: [xml-dev] XML-enabled databases, XQuery APIs

There will be no physical impact. The only impact I can see is that it
means more ways need to be provided to parse such XML and if the format
does not fit into the general parsing framework (ie, some XML
declaration encoding indicating the binary encoding of the XML), it will
be architecturally more challenging. And as always, it will be added
risk from a security point of view if the binary format is not designed
with such issues in mind (see the vacuous entity expansion issue for
DTDs for example).

Best regards
Michael