   Re: [xml-dev] A Stakeholder's Response: XQuery APIs for Middle Tier an

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 4:08 am, Tony Lavinio wrote:
> xDevX.com ran a non-scientific online poll..
>  > I totally buy that. We implemented XQuery and it's incredibly useful.
>  >   43%
>  > Sounds reasonable, as we'll be using it soon, too.
>  >   16%
>  > That number is inflated. How about some data from an *impartial* source?
>  >   11%
>  > What's XQuery?
>  >   30%
>  > Total Votes: 302
> ..
> The DevX survey was featured on their main homepage, and on all
> of their "Zone" homepages for .NET, Java, C++, Database, Open
> Source, Web Development, XML, VB, ASP/ASP.NET, Wireless, etc. -
> presumably their readership are not exclusively "XML developers".

I don't know what exactly you are trying to convince us
to believe..

It makes me think back to the survey of the willing where three out of Four
allied countries believed WMDs existed in Iraq.

Everybody said yes... that must be right... hey.. that means we are right
aren't we?

Anyway.. I don't really understand where you are going with all these surveys
and what it is that you want to prove to us.

That we all agree with ourselves even though we know that the vast majority of
business (by number) doesn't use XML for anything significant.

It reminds me of looking at www.ebxml.org and seeing GM and healthcare as
being the leadings examples of XML use cases for Small and Medium sized
enterprises. Very hard to sell that sort of an idea in countries that have
trade practices Acts that ban misleading or deceptive advertising.

oh well.. I can't explain why I am strangely attracted to reading all this
rubbish.. sometimes I wonder why it is so..

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.