   Re: [xml-dev] Something altogether different?

Dare Obasanjo wrote:
> What Bosworth is pointing out is that the Web is different from 'the enterprise'. XML technologies over the past few years have been hijacked by enterprise concerns. It is telling that XQuery is now primarily being driven by relational database vendors and WS-* is basically taking on the use cases of DCOM/CORBA/etc for the Enterprise. These may all be the right solutions on the intranet or within the firewall (maybe) but they are too complex for the worse-is-better world that is the Web.

If such a clean convenient split existed between enterprise systems and
the Web, we wouldn't need to have this conversation. Aside from the
usual inter-enterprise scenarios, content management and workflow
systems come to mind as having a lot of gray to them in terms of
deployment and data format choices.

cheers
Bill