   Re: [xml-dev] XSD spec question

Eric van der Vlist wrote:
On mer, 2005-04-27 at 09:00 +0300, Razvan MIHAIU wrote:

Ian Hunter wrote:

´The obvious question is why would you need attributes outside the
XML Schema specification?¡

<simpleType name="myName" xml:lang="en-US">
   . . .
  </simpleType>

    This is a good example, but I am not concerned about this
situation.
    Let's suppose that you will use some attributes that will actually
influence the validation performed with your Schema. Is that a good
practice ? Is it widespread ? Currently, I never encoutered a project
in which XML Schema is extended in this way.

This would be a very poor practice and that's forbidden by the WXS rec
that says that foreign attributes should be ignored as far as validation
is concerned.

The reason why these attributes are allowed is to provide additional
annotation facilities.

    Thanks Eric. All is clear now.

--
Regards,