Re: [xml-dev] XSD spec question

Eric van der Vlist wrote:
On mer, 2005-04-27 at 09:00 +0300, Razvan MIHAIU wrote:

Ian Hunter wrote:

´The obvious question is why would you need attributes outside the
XML Schema specification?¡

<simpleType name="myName" xml:lang="en-US">
   . . .
  </simpleType>

    This is a good example, but I am not concerned about this
situation.
    Let's suppose that you will use some attributes that will actually
influence the validation performed with your Schema. Is that a good
practice ? Is it widespread ? Currently, I never encoutered a project
in which XML Schema is extended in this way.

This would be a very poor practice and that's forbidden by the WXS rec
that says that foreign attributes should be ignored as far as validation
is concerned.

    One second thought: I never heard of WXS recommendation. Please provide a link to it.

--
Regards,
Razvan

SCJP preparation material: