From: Razvan MIHAIU [mailto:mihaiu@mihaiu.name]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:01 PM
To: Ian Hunter; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XSD spec question

Ian Hunter wrote:

“The obvious question is why would you need attributes outside the XML Schema specification?”

<simpleType name="myName" xml:lang="en-US">
   . . .
  </simpleType>

    This is a good example, but I am not concerned about this situation.
    Let's suppose that you will use some attributes that will actually influence the validation performed with your Schema. Is that a good practice ? Is it widespread ? Currently, I never encoutered a project in which XML Schema is extended in this way.

--
Regards,
Razvan

SCJP preparation material: