   RE: [xml-dev] InfoWorld Article: SOA meets the real world

  • To: "Jonathan Robie" <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>, "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] InfoWorld Article: SOA meets the real world
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:41:55 -0400

Regarding the first link:

If my quick read of the state of Massacusetts success story was correct,
they are using EDI in their SOA. This is a good reminder that the
text-based payloads of messages that are exchanged within
service-oriented architectures do not always have to be in XML format.

I also thought that the reference to WSTL (Web Services Transaction
Language) in the Guardian example was interesting - I found only a few
obscure references to this specification through Google[1].

Joe

[1]
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wstl+web+services+transaction+langu
age