   Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] XML Pipeline Language (XPL) submission now atW3C

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] XML Pipeline Language (XPL) submission now atW3C
  • From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 23:22:33 +0200

http://engrm.com/blogometer/2005/04/14/what-does-a-pipeline-look-like.html

 >     I'm using it to run my web site and in one other project.
 >
 >     The pipeline language does not contian conditionals itself. I'm
 >     using Saxon XSLT 2.0 to generate the pipelines, and running
 >     those, since Relay builds and executes pretty quick.
 >
 >     Caching of documents, caching of configured processors,
 >     dependency management, with an easy to implement processor API.

I should mention that XPL (pre-W3C submission version but very similar)
is implemented in Orbeon PresentationServer (OPS in short), an open
source (LGPL) XML platform. If you want to play with XPL, that's the way
to go. The engine has been developed and deployed for well over two years.

http://www.orbeon.com/software/
http://forge.objectweb.org/projects/ops/

We hope to see the user and developer community around OPS and the XPL
engine grow, so feel free to join us on the mailing-lists:

http://forge.objectweb.org/mail/?group_id=168

-Erik