   Re: [xml-dev] Jim Gray article on Next Generation Databases

On Wed, 4 May 2005 1:43 pm, Michael Champion wrote:
> Thanks for those links.  I think I've posted this link before, but
> it's quite relevant to the intersection of SOAs and DBMS
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsql90/ht
>ml/sqlsvcbroker.asp

Forgive my cinicisism, but if somebody could explain how
that is different to high-end messaging in the '90s I'd certainly
appreciate it.

Also, with queueing of messages, how is this principle
relevant to smaller enterprises? Since in any one day
they might only receive about 20 documents.

A 2.8Ghz computer that the local plumber has would
chew through these in 0.10 sec whilst at the same
time downloading 25 mp3's.

This is in good humour obviously, but it just seems that
these designs are very deja-vu after working on Tandem
based messaging for the Stock Exchange way back
when in the '90s.

Looks like we're in for more reruns of Groundhog day..
not actually going forward to anything different..

oh well... I guess life in the swamp has to go on..

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.