   PhD position or reputable job searching

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: PhD position or reputable job searching
  • From: Mahboob Khalid <mahboobkhalid@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:03:32 +0200

Dear All!

I am willing to know the situation of available reputable jobs or
research work in XML technologies. The biodata of my profile is given
below or at link
www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/~khalid/.

I have finished my master of computer science from the Saarland
university Saarbrucken Germany. I did my master thesis from Database
and Information System department of Max-Planck institute Saarbrucken,
leading by Prof. Gerhard Weikum.

The topic of my master thesis, with supervision of Dr. Ralf Schenkel,
the flexible framework for evaluation of arbitrary path length axis of
XQuery, i.e., descendants, in large collection of inter-linked XML
documents.

I also have studied Algorithm course from Prof. Reimund Seidl,
Parallel algorithm from Dr. Uli Meyer, Algorithm library design from
Dr. Lutz Ketner, and Automated debugging from Prof. Zeller.

I am currenlty working of OWL-S content-wise matchmaking using
structured information retrieval techniques, by extending the latest
work on XML IR with different similarity metrices.

I am looking for a reputable research job, especially interested in
XML technologies.
Finally you could obtain a better appraisal of my studies and of my
personality from my CV that accompanies this letter.

Yours sincerely,
Mahboob Alam Khalid

Wilhelmstr 8,
Sulzbach 66280 Germany