   ANN: The XMLEdit demo is back online.

My apologies to anyone who has attempted to use the XMLEdit demo by
Electronic Solutions Company in the past four months. (And I know you
have because I get automatic email alerts everytime the demo fails :)

I've finally addressed the problem in publishing edited pages.  The demo
is once more fully functional.

For anyone who might care:

XMLEdit is a case study in the development of an XML-based Content
Management System.  The demo shows how XML content can be edited in a
browser for publication as HTML web pages using the different XSLT
transformations on the same XML data.  It can be found at:

	http://www.ElectronicSolutionsCo.com/XMLEdit

The Problem

I believe the problem had to do with a change (improvement? correction?)
to the MSXML processor on the IIS server.  The new processor resulted in
the processing instructions at the beginning of the XML content files
being duplicated.  An XSLT file was adjusted to account for the new
behavior.  That was the correction I made, but the reason for the new
behavior is nothing more than wild speculation on my part.  YMMV...

--
Steve Rosenberry
Sr. Partner

Electronic Solutions Company