   Re: [xml-dev] Jim Gray article on Next Generation Databases

David Lyons wrote:
> So is that as fast as the 2.4Ghz 64-bit thing that my local plumber just
> bought last week?

Is "fast" the only basis for qualifying as a technology with merit? If, for
example, you embed that 2.4 GHz 64-bit processor in a smart phone, will the
asbestos gloves be color-coordinated to match the phone?

As for virtual machines, they're still very much in use (VMWare, Microsoft
Virtual PC, Java VM). And silicon solutions still have appeal today. Fujitsu has
done it for Java. DataPower and Tarari accelerate XML processing using
board-level products and network appliances.

www.WebServicesSummit.com
www.SQLSummit.com
www.GridSummit.com