   Proper way to use redefine in an hierarchichal set of schemas

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Proper way to use redefine in an hierarchichal set of schemas
  • From: "Marty Burns" <burnsmarty@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:19:43 -0400

All,

I am looking for guidance on how to redefine a primitive complex type which is defined in a schema that is imported into several other schemas. The instance document references as master schema that imports the other namespaces and definitions in the hierarchy.

If I point an instance document at a schema that imports the document schema after importing a schema redefining the base types, I receive an error saying can’t redefine because base schema is already redefined or imported.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marty Burns