   Re: [xml-dev] attribute order

  • To: Uche Ogbuji <Uche.Ogbuji@fourthought.com>, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] attribute order
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 05:39:20 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: XML List Developers <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

I wrote earlier that, I would like to imagine elements
as objects(as in OO programs) and attributes as
object's properties.. Is it right to think like this?
So attribute ordering will not be the right concept..

The dictionary defines attribute as quality,
characteristic, feature etc. An object's features
(i.e. attributes) are just features! Giving an order
to them does'nt seem right..

This also helps in deciding, what should be element
and what should be attribute. Of course, at many
places, elements can be made as attributes and
attributes as elements (the parser allows to process
the information depicted in either way!).. But what is
making best sense, should be choosen (i.e. either
elements or attributes)..

Regards,
Mukul

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-eleatt.html