   Validating against the correct root element using library schemas

Hi,

I've a question regarding the best practice approach to validating an
XML document based on a schema which incorporates and OASIS schema library.

If I use a Schema library which has adopted a Salami Slice/Garden of
Eden pattern, where a number of global elements have been declared, then
a number of different XML fragments can (in theory) be valid.

My question is how can I ensure that my incoming XML message has the
correct root element and is not simply a valid fragment?

Do I resort to code to interrogate the incoming message?

Has anyone else experienced this difficulty?

Cheers,

Fraser

<mailto:fraser.crichton@solnetsolutions.co.nz>

Attention:
This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster@solnetsolutions.co.nz as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of SolNet Solutions Ltd.