   Re: [xml-dev] XML firewalls, 70k docs per second?

> > They didn't include a parsing and validation XML test as a yardstick to
> > see how much overhead there was from secure XML processing.
>
> Not sure what you mean here.  Do you mean establishing a baseline of,
> say, parsing performance?

Assuming there are a couple of levels of processing

1. parsing and validation, simple message exchange without security
2. level 1 + security processing (encryption, content filtering, etc.)

The Network Computing report compares products operating at level 2. It would
also be interesting to know what their level 1 performance is -- how many
messages per second if they were not operating at level 2.

In other words, can we quantify how much benefit we receive from pure hardware
acceleration when processing content with one of these appliances -- before
adding the effect of the security layer?

www.WebServicesSummit.com
www.SQLSummit.com
www.GridSummit.com