   Re: [xml-dev] What is the use of non-leafElement' VALUE ?

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] What is the use of non-leafElement' VALUE ?
  • From: Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:38:57 -0500
  • Cc: Saha Rabindra N <saha.rn@mellon.com>, XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

On 5/27/05, Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:
> What is the BUSINESS/Real-life meaning of

<snip>document markup example</snip>

> The M in XML stands for Markup: XML is first and foremost a language for
> adding markup to text.

I was wondering how long it would take before someone pointed out
exactly what "XML" stood for.

However, I'd have to question your "foremost" comment: these days, it
appears  the data heads have taken over the playground and that
_Markup_ is slowly becoming an interesting sideshow?  The mere fact
that Rabindra posted the original question in the manner he did says
it all...

<snip/>

--
Peter Hunsberger