   Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft XML boards?

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft XML boards?
  • From: "Bryce K. Nielsen" <bryce@sysonyx.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:04:46 -0600

> The majority of traffic on this list doesn't descend to such sordid
details
> as what operating system and programming language you are using.

But I see Java related questions all the time and rarely see, say, a C#
question about XML. Occassionally I'll see an MSXML question, such as when
it differs in schema validation from other parsers or XMLSpy. Maybe I'm off,
but it seems to happen more often then not.

> Whatever your platform, if you ask a platform-specific question on this
list
> you are likely to be told that you've asked the wrong question...

That I almost never see, particularly when it's a java-related question. If
someone has a question about how x-parser is used in Java, no one says
they're on the wrong board, go to Sun's board (though thinking about it, I
think I have seen such responses when a Microsoft tech-question is asked).

But I think I had my question answered, I should be frequenting this mailing
list as well as the MS boards. My main point was if there were any other
lists that I should be aware of...

Bryce K. Nielsen
SysOnyx, Inc. (www.sysonyx.com)
Makers of xmlLinguist, the EDI-to-XML Translator
http://www.sysonyx.com/products/xmllinguist