   Re: [xml-dev] XML User Groups - Any Survivors? Time To Move On?

Hello G. Ken Holman,

> I wonder if it is a Canadian thing, as the http://xugo.org attendance
> in Ottawa has been dropping steadily to only about 8 attendees each
> month and we missed a number of months this year.  Thankfully we just
> got a new host for a meeting room (thank you again to Stilo!) and
> we're hoping for better turnout when we resume in September.

  Thanks for the update and great to hear that you keep your XML Users
Group going after the summer break. I don't think the diminished
interest in XML Users Groups or dare I say XML is a Canadian thing since
in the Pacific Northwest Region (Washington State, Oregon, British
Columbia) the VanX is the only XML User Group still standing. For
example, interest in the Seattle XML SIG seems to have fizzled out
sometime in 2001 (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seattle-xml ) and
the Seattle Java XML SIG closed down sometime in 2003 (see
http://www.sosnoski.com/jxml ) and interest in the Oregon XML SIG seems
to have fizzled out sometime in 2003 (see
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oregonXML ).

   - Gerald

Vancouver XML Developers Association (VanX) - http://vanx.org