   RE: [xml-dev] Why XML for Messaging?

Here's the most recent of a series of announcements since the agreement
- announcement title is "Microsoft and Sun Publish Web Single Sign-On
(SSO) Identity Specifications":

http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2005-05-16-a.html

Also see the following paragraph in the above:

"The press conference marked the one-year anniversary of a 10-year
technical collaboration agreement, first announced in April 2004, which
outlined a framework for increased cooperation between Sun Microsystems
and Microsoft Corp to enable their products to work better together.
This press event updates information provided in the December 2004
progress report."

The URL for the progress report is:
http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2004-12-02-a.html

Since the agreement, Microsoft and Sun have also begun collaboration on
a series of specifications, including several that are on an open
standards track, including WS-Addressing (W3C) and the recently
announced OASIS WS-RX TC[1] (not a prescription for Web Services, but a
reliable messaging spec comprised of WS-ReliableMessaging and WS-RM
Policy).

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/news/oasis_news_05_10_05.php

Joe

Kind Regards,