len

From: 'Alan Gutierrez' [mailto:alan-xml-dev@engrm.com]

    These are good points Len, but it doesn't address the fact that
    litigation is expensive, and you need to pay to have your day in
    court. You might have a solid case, but with no funding, you'll
    not be able to argue it.

    Even the most frivolous patents are a liability, if the preditor
    knows your the size of your purse.

> Some are overfocused on the USPTO because it makes them
> feel good and because you believe it unassailable so
> we/they/you are relieved of action.  The best course is one
> that protects both innovation and community globally by
> formalizing the processes and reducing the costs.

    Amen.