   RE: [xml-dev] Another Microsoft XML patent

> > I've heard all this rhetoric about Big Evil Co shutting down lone
> > practicioners with their bogus patents, but nobody has cited a
> > single real case.

I know of a real case, and it's very much in the XML field, where the guy
who actually invented an idea (a sole practitioner) was prevented from
exploiting it by a big company that copied the idea and patented it. I was
told the story in confidence and I assume the details have not come into the
open because of an out-of-court settlement.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/