   Re: [xml-dev] Document oriented experience reports anyone?

I tried that once and XMetal would not let me run macros after I added to
doctype info to the XML document.  But now that I think about, I think that
the problem has to do with an unrelated XMetal bug.  I will have to try it
after lunch and see if it works this time.  If not, I guess I should report
it as a bug.

I already sent my comments off to the W3C.

Nadia Swaby

                      Michael Champion
                      <michaelc.champion        To:       "Nadia.Swaby@pwc.ca" <Nadia.Swaby@pwc.ca>
                      @gmail.com>               cc:       Rick Jelliffe <ricko@allette.com.au>, XML Developers List
                                                 <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
                      Please respond to
                      Michael Champion

On 6/8/05, Nadia.Swaby@pwc.ca <Nadia.Swaby@pwc.ca> wrote:

> In summation, schema can be very useful in publishing, but the lack of
> entity support is a huge drawback.

Strictly speaking, one can use DTDs (to declare entities) in
conjunction with XSD to define everything else.  After all, DTD
operates on XML syntax and XSD is defined on the Infoset.  I suspect
that there are gotchas that make this difficult ... does anyone know
what they might be?

> I guess I should copy and paste this in word and send it to the W3C!

 Yes!