len

From: Bryan Rasmussen [mailto:bry@itnisk.com]

In our case we pretty much just refer to ISO 11179 as the origin of our
rules
and then enumerate the rules used which comes out to probably 20 pages. So
we
don't necessarily have bloat. The problem is dogmatic use of these rules
which
I've seen lead to some pretty unusable names. I think Jonathan Barwell had
some
sensible suggestions on those lines.

That said the thunk factor is obviously important in the context of how much
benefit one derives in relation to the number of pages in a spec. The
benefits
of reading and using the ISO specs are all pretty much soft benefits and I
doubt
they will very appealing to people for these reasons.