   [Xerces-J] DOM and Schema information

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: [Xerces-J] DOM and Schema information
  • From: Charles Francoise <loderunnr@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:41:11 +0200

I'm parsing an XML file with Xerces and DOM. I validate my XML Instance
against a schema without problems.
I'd like to obtain some schema information on the nodes though, in
particular, I'd like to know what type they are declared to be in the
schema.
I understand that this information can be found through the PSVI, but I
can't seem to access it. When I try to obtain my schema information by
using:
rootPSVI.getSchemaInformation()
I get null.
Using a debugger, I can also see that all the information concerning
validation and PSVI is not affected. Validation is performed though, I
can see the errors in case of an invalid XML instance.

Is there something I forgot to do ? Is there another way to access this ?
Thank you for your help.

Charles

Here is the code I use:
DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
parser.setProperty("http://apache.org/xml/properties/dom/document-class-name","org.apache.xerces.dom.PSVIDocumentImpl";);
parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation";, true);
parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema";, true);
parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema-full-checking",true);
parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces",true);
parser.parse(file.toURI().toString());
Document doc = parser.getDocument();
ElementPSVI rootPSVI = (ElementPSVI) doc.getDocumentElement();
XSModel schema = rootPSVI.getSchemaInformation();