   Re: [xml-dev] XML for website copyright exchange

James,

You may wish to look at,  XrML - eXtensible rights Markup Language - is
the Digital Rights Language of choice. XrML provides a universal method
for securely specifying and managing rights and conditions associated
with all kinds of resources including digital content as well as services.

http://www.xrml.org/about.asp

grant