   Re: [xml-dev] Adding an attribute to an enumerated list

Hi Allison,

I'm not quite sure exactly what you mean by "I'd like people to be able to
redefine certain types into enumerated lists", but possibly what you need to
do is define a simpleType with your enumerations as you suggest.  Then add
the attribute by extending the simpleType into complexType, simpleContent.

Something like:

  <xs:simpleType name="MySimpleEnumeratedType">
   <xs:restriction base="xs:string">
    <xs:enumeration value="???"/>
    <xs:enumeration value="???"/>
    <xs:enumeration value="???"/>

  <xs:complexType name="MyEnumerationWithAttribute">
    <xs:extension base="MySimpleEnumeratedType">
     <xs:attribute name="MyAttribute" type="???????"/>

P.S.  Thanks to all those that answered my questions earlier today.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
                         for XML to C++ data binding visit
                         (or http://www.xml2cpp.com)