   RE: [xml-dev] Another XML parsing idea? Was: Re: [xml-dev] XML Hangover)

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, 'Pete Cordell' <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Another XML parsing idea? Was: Re: [xml-dev] XML Hangover)
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:22:51 -0700 (PDT)

Apart from performance reasons, is this idea at all
feasible (possible to realize).

I have this idea in mind (weird).

Let us take Java and Microsoft products (e.g. MSXML).
A Java application has to take services of the
Microsoft XML parser. I am not talking about any COM
bridge etc. The Microsoft XML parser will implement a
sort of protocol listner (similarly on Java side). The
Java application will request for XML parsing over
this protocol (presently hypothetical). Just now I am
not sure what will be the semantics of this protocol;
but to my opinion, it will work over native OS
transport, like memory queues;)

Does this sound possible to have?

Regards,
Mukul