   Re: [xml-dev] xsi:nil is a wart (was Interesting pair of comments)

On 15 Jul 2005, at 06:13, Michael Rys wrote:

> Xsi:nil is not central to data apps. It is an ugly wart...

Actually, I'd agree. minOccurs is usually good enough for
my purposes, except I've found myself littering schemas with
nillable="true" against each minOccurs="0" simply because some
tools insist on sending xsi:nil regardless.

I had to teach third line support from one notable vendor how
to read the spec before they conceded that this behaviour was
indeed a bug.

--
http://blog.whatfettle.com