   RE: [xml-dev] Agile XML Manifesto

> pontification on the
> non-universality of universal adhesives by some guy who gets
> paid 10 times what
> I do and yet has never had to use a screw, nail, or universal
> adhesive and would
> not recognize the difference between them if presented with
> actual instances.

Yes, big companies certainly suffer from the problem of the software
architect who is employed to make strategic decisions on technology choices
but has been away from the coal-face for too long. I know: I've been there,
and that's why I got back into coding. On the other hand, you do need people
whose knowledge is broad rather than deep, otherwise you get the problem of
people building systems using the technology they used last time, rather
than the one that's best suited to the job. There are no easy answers!

Michael Kay