   Demand for web services

Dear All

Perhaps some of you would like to comment on this?

I am currently co-authoring a book and am writing a brief history of XML and
Web services.
One of my assertions was that the growth of (XML) Web services was promoted
by the need to separate content from presentation, users required data in a
"pure" form which could then be styled as they saw fit and depending on the
front end, their device capabilities etc.

One of the editors has strongly disagreed with this, although he hasn't
really offered any counter points.

Do you agree with him that this was not one of the driving forces or should
I stick to my guns?

Thanks

Joe