   Re: [xml-dev] a useful naming convention

>  this is maybe hard to maintain over time...and realistically this
>  information should be conveyed through relation to a schema (IMHO)

One thing that I'm thinking of in the context of a useful naming convention is
this article by Joel Spolsky http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Wrong.html
which I think the statement "In Simonyi’s version of Hungarian notation, every
variable was prefixed with a lower case tag that indicated the kind of thing
that the variable contained. " indicates a benefit in convention under
discussion. Relatively simple it also allows someone writing code to know that
if they are trying to get the children of address that they are writing some bad
code. And getting the text of Address probably won't return what one wants.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen