   a useful naming convention

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: a useful naming convention
  • From: Bryan Rasmussen <bry@itnisk.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:38:08 +0200

I've had some problems with xml naming conventions recently and had somewhat
despaired of every encountering one that was more useful than just saying names
should be human meaningful and identify the purpose of an element or attribute
clearly in its context.

However reading the KML (Keyhole Markup Language) spec I came across this:

There are two basic types of KML tags: simple and complex. Complex tags are
easily identified by an initial upper case letter, while simple tags use all
lower case. Complex tags can function as Parent Tags to both complex and simple
tags, while simple tags are children only and can contain no other tags.

not sure if this is reasonable if an element starts with an acronym or is an
acronym, however.

--
Bryan Rasmussen