   RE: [xml-dev] Demand for web services

I don't know if that was addressesd to me, what started out as a couple of
opening paragraphs in a chapter now looks like filling the book :)
What <em>I</em> meant was that at heart a Web service is usually composed of
a request followed by a response, neither need be in an XML format. But as
the chapter deals almost exclusively with the SOAP protocol and tries to
explain WSDL structure then when I refer to Web services later it's taken to
mean where the service returns data in an XML format.

Joe